To ensure the safety and health of all people attending an Endless Adventures Ontario (EAO) game, event or other official gathering following the recommendations from our Health experts.
Provided below are the steps that Endless Adventures will go through to help protect all attendants from COVID-19.
This safety plan will be in place until such time as the Government of Ontario states that such plans are no longer necessary, the organizations owning the sites we rent no longer require specific safety procedures, and the Directors of EAO believe these measures are unnecessary. This plan may be edited as necessary and the updated document will be publicly available.
EAO reserves the right to change the plan, cancel events or otherwise respond as necessary based on the Government of Ontario’s regulations, the state of the pandemic and the discretion of the Directors.
Requirement to comply
All persons attending an EAO event must comply with the rules and guidelines provided in this document. Any person or people who fail to comply will be reminded for minor infractions, warned only once for multiple minor infractions or a moderate one, or immediately removed from the event for an infraction after a warning or a major infraction. All decisions on compliance are at the discretion of the Owners and Health Officers.
All people attending an EAO event will be required to acknowledge that they have read this document in full and understand the requirements. This can be done through an online Log form or declared to the Owner or Health Officer screening at the entrance of an event.
All people attending an EAO event should perform a COVID-19 Self-Assessment before traveling to the event. This can be done through the government of Ontario’s website here: https://covid-19.ontario.ca/self-assessment/ Should the person assess as needing to get tested and/or self-isolate, then they must not go to the event.
All players are recommended to complete a COVID rapid test completed the same day the player will be attending an event. The screening at the entrance of the event will include requesting if this test has been done and the results. If the test returns COVID positive then the player must not attend the event and will be sent home if they arrive on site.
Should a person develop any possible symptoms of COVID-19 during an event, they should immediately remove themselves from the game site. If a person does not do so, an Owner will have them removed.
If you have prepaid for an event and cannot attend due to COVID-19 symptoms or a positive COVID-19 test, a refund or transferring of the payment to a future event is allowed. Please contact Logistics with your request no later than one week after the event to ensure this is done.
At the entrance to every official Endless Adventures event will be posted a Health Officer who will stop every person from entering until they have been screened for COVID-19. This screening will consist of two parts:
1. Proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19
2 weeks must have passed since a player’s 2nd dose of any of the Ontario Approved COVID-19 vaccines. Proof of this must be provided to the Health Officer at the event entrance.
If any player intentionally provides forged or illegitimate proof of a vaccine, they will be immediately banned from all EAO games for life.
Should a player not have completed a Self-Assessment listed above, then they must answer a questionnaire to ensure the player does not currently have any symptoms of COVID-19. Any person not passing the screening will not be permitted onto the site. This questionnaire is the official one provided by the government of Ontario. This can be found here: https://covid-19.ontario.ca/covid19-cms-assets/2022-02/EN_Patron_Screening_v11%20Feb.%204.pdf
Indoor sleeping/Tavern/Cast Cabin
Any player setting up sleep space in the Tavern or common indoor sleeping space is recommended to give 2m of space between each sleeping space. The Owners of the game will require that certain space be reserved for players needing indoor or electrical plugs as necessary.
Indoor Common Spaces
When entering and while within an indoor space, all people are required to wear a mask.
Inclement Weather and shelter
In the case of poor weather such as excessive rain, snow or cold, EAO will respond in whatever the appropriate way is based on the conditions:
- Additional shelters will be setup or opened to the players as possible.
- EAO may choose to cancel the event at any time. A canceled event will result in a full refund if called before over half of the time of the event has passed, and refund of half of the fee any time from then to the end of the event.
Cleaning and disinfecting of surfaces and objects
EAO will ensure surfaces and common objects are cleaned and disinfected.
Wearing of personal protective equipment and personal sanitizing
Masks or face coverings
Everyone must wear a mask or face covering that covers their mouth, nose and chin at all times while:
- in an indoor area.
- Participating in combat.
All people attending an event are requested to bring their own mask(s). Some single-use masks will be made available by EAO for those who require them.
If a player cannot wear a mask or cannot abide by the rules for times when masks are required, then that player must either not attend an EAO event or will be sent home from an event.
All EAO staff preparing food must properly wash their hands before starting. While preparing food, they must wear a mask and remove or firmly secure any parts of clothing that could interfere or come in contact with food or preparation.
EAO will ensure that all hand-washing areas are properly stocked with soap, paper towels and trash bins.
EAO will ensure that hand-sanitizer is available in easily accessible areas and is kept properly filled and working.
Combat encounters must follow all rules within the Rulebook with these additional requirements.
- When a character is required to fall down, such as when they take a Sleep effect or are brought to zero or -1 LP, they may choose to remove themselves from the area they are in if they are concerned about the proximity of others. This movement can be IG RP, or OOG movement based on the player’s discretion, and during this movement all counts they may need to perform are paused until they reach a safe location, at which time the counts begin again.
- Any player may at any time signify themselves as OOG and declare “Exit Scene” to immediately leave the current situation they are in. When declaring this, the player must then immediately leave that area where that portion of the game is occurring. Should the player require assistance from another, that player may also make the same actions and calls to provide that assistance. Any players using this call must remain OOG until they can speak to an Owner to ensure the player is safe and healthy. The player may then return to the game in another location based on the Owner and player’s discretion. No player will ever be penalized for using this call unless it is deemed to be abusing the call by an Owner.
- All players are asked to focus on greater dramatic combat. This will both enhance the combat to create a more fun game for all, but will also assist with maintaining control of everyone’s bodies to lessen contact, injuries and improper weapon use.
- All players are strongly urged to never exceed a ratio of 3-to-1 of opponents in combat. Should a skirmish reach a point of 3 combatants against one (or any multiple of that, such as 6 on 2, etc.) then all players on the higher side should refrain from joining the skirmish. Players are also requested to ensure they are allowing others to join in combat encounters by taking turns in encounters, or cycling out during a fight. These techniques to encourage participation should be organized as much in-game as possible.
- Masks must be worn at all times while a player is engaging in combat.
- For any skills or actions that normally require a player to be closer than 1m, such as touch casting, garotte, feeding another a potion/mixture etc, these skills must now be done with at least 1m of distance through the touch of a Weapon Marshal approved safe phys-rep or a thrown packet (if appropriate).
- Weapon strikes that normally require striking with the pommel of a weapon, such as Waylay or Knockout, will instead be able to be used with a normal strike of the main attack surface (blade, hammer head, etc.)
- Red-lights during any encounter may enforce these safety guidelines at their discretion. All players are required to defer to their decisions at the time.
- No player may enter combat without wearing a mask or face covering that covers their mouth, nose and chin. Any player not wearing such a mask is considered to be a Non-Combat character and may not participate in a combat encounter in any way and must be removed or remove themselves from the combat area immediately. All players should familiarize themselves with the rules for interacting with a Non-Combat character which can be found in the Fantasy Alive rulebook here: https://fantasyalivelrp.com/pages/fantasy-alive-rulebook). After removal from the combat area, a player may choose to don a mask and then join in the combat as normal.
- If a situation arises where a player is having a health issue or trouble breathing, whether in combat or not, the player or one nearby may call a Zebra or help the player to safe location. While the player is in distress, they are considered out-of-game until they are confident that they can return to the game safely. This is in addition to the normal rules for Zebra calls and the Health and Safety policy which can be found here: https://fantasyalivelrp.com/pages/policies
- Any player who refuses or fails to follow these guidelines may be subject to corrective action up to permanent ban from all EAO games.
Cast Combat and Equipment
Disposable masks will be made available to Cast and Plot Members.
Makeup use will be limited and self applied whenever possible. Each Cast Member will use a different brush/makeup applier.
Efforts will be made to provide outside options for Cast members for eating purposes. This will be done to limit the times when Cast members are removing their masks inside.
People attending EAO events may remove their mask to eat only if they are seated. Eating outside is recommended.
Please remove your mask only for the act of eating and replace the mask as soon as possible.
Food provided by EAO will be done with the least amount of shared items as possible, and those shared items cleaned and disinfected appropriately. The Owners of each game will determine the safest method of providing food based on their kitchen and serving situation.
All people attending an EAO event may only share food if they take reasonable precautions to ensure the safety of others. All players have the right to refuse to provide or take food or drink from anyone else should they believe it is unsafe. It is recommended by EAO that players provide food to only themselves and their household or use the game’s meal plan (if available) to ensure safety. Any players who choose to share food do so knowing and understanding the risks and may not hold EAO or any EAO representative responsible for any ill-effects.